Monday, October 6, 2008

nothing cranks in GA

We'll year 4 of the festival was a great time as always. The music was fantastic, starting with Allison Krauss and Robert Plant, ending with Emmy Lou last night. I saw only a few of the many acts playing, had to pick and choose, I caught Plant and Emmy Lou, as well as Steve Earl, Jerry Jeff, Iron and Wine, Bonnie Prince Billy, Peggy Young, Elvis Costello, and Odetta (one of the best moments out there, she rolls out in a wheel chair, frail and old upon first glance then she belts out some of the best blues, gospel and folk I've ever heard, accompanied by great piano, truely a great moment),
I was lazy getting to the park, could have seen more but I am happy with my experience,
this city is amazing, this must be my 10th trip here and it is still just as inspiring as always, currently i am listening to italian music in a north beach cafe, sipping on some coffee and watching the melting pot of frisco pass vibrantly out the open windows, a beautiful lady in a black fodora catches my eyes each time i look out to collect my thoughts, love this place....
we stay with john tonight after saying goodbye one by one this morning, glen set out last night to return to portland, (left your belt dude, i'll hang on to it) foxy headed up the coast, greg and kristi are on a plane now, jeremy and christen back towards the mountains, and hop and i bound for china, hard to realize this is just the start of this trip, feels real good now, the fog is clearing just as the sun burns it off the bay, .... you see according to John "nothing cranks down in Ga, you gotta jump start your car to go to the hardware store to get a part for your weedeater that your using since your lawnmower broke..." that was instantly deemed quote of the night, nothing was going to top that one, and it kinda made since at least to me at that moment

1 comment:

Shana said...

have an amazing trip.. i was thinking about you by the bay in san fran.. music, wind surfers, the bridge, delicious food, friends, white architecture shining in the sun.. ahh.. and more adventures in China. I look forward to hearing about them. I'm itching to travel and living through you in that respect right now. Keep the stories coming!